Versailles Montessori School is seeking additional assistants for the fall school year, 2022-2023. Please email your resume to the school if interested. email@example.com
Lexington Friends Preschool – DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Start Date: May 2022 — details to be negotiated
Requirements for Employment:
● Degree in early childhood development or related field (Associate’s degree or higher)
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience in preschool or licensed childcare center
● Strong leadership, organizational, administrative, communication, time
management, and interpersonal skills
● Proficient computer skills
● Love for children and passion to support children and teachers as administrator
● Special certification preferred (e.g., IECE, Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio, etc.)
● No criminal record or child-related offenses
● Thorough familiarity with KY childcare licensing requirements
Employee’s duties shall include, but not be limited to:
● Implement and maintain the School’s program philosophy, goals, and objectives;
oversee opening, operation, and closing of the School, early arrival, and summer camp
programs within the budget approved by the LFP Board; oversee the daily operation of
the School; ensure that the School is safe and well-maintained.
● Meet and maintain standards for compliance with State of Kentucky licensing
● Recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff, and terminate staff, if
necessary; organize professional development activities for staff; maintain a work
environment that is conducive to the goals of the School; s upport daily operations
(e.g.: act as in-class substitute or temporary floater) as necessary.
● Recruit prospective students with the goals of maintaining a diverse School
population and including the number of scholarship students the Board approves;
conduct tours for prospective families; issue contracts to families wishing to enroll
children in the School.
● In conjunction with lead teachers: develop, implement, and evaluate school programs
that support educational excellence, conform to requirements of the State of Kentucky,
and honor the testimonies of the Religious Society of Friends (simplicity, peace,
integrity, equality, and care of the environment).
● Maintain medical release information; administer individual prescribed medications,
as necessary; coordinate maintenance and cleaning of the facility according to state
and local standards; ensure that special health protocols, if any, are followed in
accordance with guidance from the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department.
● Communicate with parents; recruit parents to serve on School committees; plan and
implement social events for parents.
● Serve as an ex officio member of the Board of Directors; communicate regularly with
the Board and with committee chairs as necessary; develop and implement School
procedures consistent with policies the Board adopts.
● Work with the finance committee of the Board to create operating budgets and to
responsibly manage school finances.
● In conjunction with contracted accounting service: supervise payroll; and ensure
appropriate financial reporting requirements are met, e.g., to maintain School’s tax
● Apply for grants to fund the School and responsibly administer grants awarded to
● Direct School fundraising efforts.
● Maintain School website and social media platforms.
● Engage in strategic planning to ensure School’s quality and sustainability.
● Plan for reinstatement school’s after care program as soon as it is feasible to do so.
● For the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year and until the after care program
is re-instated, generally teaching and non–teaching working days begin at 7:30
a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
● Position is for 12 months. Details to be discussed.
● Benefits package (health care, sick leave) and competitive salary details to be
discussed during interview process.
“Lexington Friends Preschool guides children to develop active and creative minds,
to be compassionate toward others, to be respectful of the environment, and to
appreciate the diversity of the world around them.
“Membership in the Lexington Friends Preschool community is available without regard
to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disabling
condition. Lexington Friends Preschool is dedicated to promoting equality and justice for
all and does not discriminate against anyone in its student admissions, programs, or
Applications, including resume and three references, to be sent to
LFP Search Committee attention: Gail Koehler at firstname.lastname@example.org.